CresCom Bank Announces Nine New Team Members for its Carolina Markets
CHARLESTON, S.C., June 29, 2016 – CresCom Bank, the community-banking leader within the Carolinas, welcomes nine new team members throughout the Carolinas. These include:
- Michele Binkowski, joining CresCom Bank as the deposit operations specialist, reporting to Julie Laws out of the West Ashley location. Her previous experience includes time with Chelsea Groton Bank (Groton, Conn.) and Bank of America.
- Tamara “Tami” Erkman serves as a new branch operations specialist, reporting to Carmel Dodds out of the bank’s West Ashley branch. Erkman brings prior experience from Palmetto Heritage Bank as a customer service representative and Coastal Federal Bank as a deposit operations leader.
- Joanne Silva is a new teller at the Summerville branch, reporting to Beth Williams. Prior to joining the CresCom Bank team, Silva worked as a teller at Fleet Bank of New England and the Bank of Cape Cod.
- Ashley Bryant joins the Summerville branch as a summer floater teller, reporting to Beth Williams. Bryant brings an associate degree in accounting from Horry Georgetown Technical College and will be entering the College of Charleston in the fall.
- Pamela Pool serves as a customer service representative at the bank’s Cayce branch location. She is a retiree of Congaree Bank, serving in multiple financial roles, and following CresCom Bank’s acquisition of Congaree Bank, continued to lend her banking skills to Cayce residents.
- Darcy Hearne joins CresCom Bank as head teller for its Wilmington branch, reporting to Joy Cash. Hearne previously served as a customer service representative and teller for First Bank, as well as a teller supervisor at First Community Bank/Waccamaw Bank.
Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- CresCom Bank adds Mary Grogan to its Garden City branch as a part-time teller, reporting to Diana Evans. Previously, Grogan served as the senior bank teller at Chicopee Savings Bank (Mass.)
- Amanda Bullock has rejoined the CresCom Bank team as a loan processor, reporting to Sandy Szarek and operating out of the bank’s 38th Avenue location in Myrtle Beach. Bullock brings prior experience from Crescent Bank, Tidelands Bank and Westbound Bank in the loan operations area.
- As CresCom Bank’s newest mortgage loan closer, Rose Helton reports to Trina Dusenbury and is based out of the bank’s 48th Avenue mortgage office in Myrtle Beach. Helton previously served as a senior underwriter with Primary Residential Mortgage. She also brings experience in the mortgage operations area from Bank of America and Wachovia.
“The addition of these nine members to the CresCom Bank team will allow for our various branches and banks to continue to deliver phenomenal service and financial advice to our customers throughout the Carolinas,” said David L. Morrow, CEO of CresCom Bank. “These team members bring unparalleled experience that will allow for our team to grow as a whole, as well as within the financial community to better serve our customers.”
About CresCom Bank
CresCom Bank, a leader in community banking, is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and quality products to the communities it calls home, and prides itself on its strong knowledge of local business and economic trends. Currently, CresCom Bank has 27 branch locations throughout the Carolinas, in addition to a loan production office in Wilmington, N.C. In January 2016, the Carolina Financial Corporation, the bank’s parent company, announced the acquisition of Congaree Bancshares, Inc., a $116 million bank holding company headquartered in the Columbia, S.C. market. Currently, CresCom Bank also owns and operates Crescent Mortgage Company, which lends in 45 states, partners with 2,000 community banks, credit unions and mortgage brokers, and offers access to various loan programs. In 2015, Carolina Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: CARO) ranked #1 on American Banker’s list of “Top 200 Community Banks and Thrifts as Ranked by Three-Year Average ROE.” It was also added to the Nasdaq Community Bank Index (ABAQ) by the American Banker’s Association. As of March 31, 2016, Carolina Financial Corporation had approximately $1.5 billion in total assets.
More information of our locationsSummerville