Wise Things To Do With Your Tax Return
Okay, so you got your tax refund back. Now what? Before you go out and spend it all, why not think about how these funds could help benefit you financially in the long-term? With that said, we want to provide you a few different ways you can reinvest your tax return wisely.
• SAVE! SAVE! SAVE! Whether you open a savings account or increasing it, saving is always the great place to put money. There is no better feeling than knowing you have money saved in case of an emergency or an unexpected purchase comes up.
• Paying off Debt - If not now, when? It’s a new year and you’ve just received your tax return, so now would be the ideal time to put a percentage of your tax return toward paying off debt.
• Boost your IRA - Consider contributing to your IRA (Individual Retirement Account) or other retirement fund this year. There’s nothing like the power of compound interest – money you contribute to your IRA now could be double (or even triple) its worth later on down the line!
• Put your Needs First - Do you have a dentist appointment, surgery or car repairs that you’ve been putting off? Taking care of these essentials crucial! Now that you’ve received your tax return, it’s a great time to make it a priority to take care of your needs!
• College Savings – College is getting more expensive every year. Use your extra money to contribute to your child’s college education fund. College is expensive. The earlier you begin saving the better and the less stress it will cause you in the future.
• Invest in Yourself – Enroll in a class or professional development program or attend a business conference you could not previously afford before. Using your tax refund to invest in yourself and improve your personal or professional life is a good way to use the extra cash.