ID Theft Protection
We take the protection of your private information seriously. That is why we have partnered with IDSafeChoice to help in the event you become a victim of identity theft. Read on for more information and view our video on ID theft protection.
1. What is identity theft? Identity Theft occurs when someone uses your personally identifying information without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
2. What is personally identifying information? This would be your name, social security number, or credit card number
3. What should you do if your identity is stolen? Filing a police report, checking your credit reports, notifying creditors, and disputing any unauthorized transactions are some of the steps you must take immediately to restore your good name. If you are a CresCom Bank consumer checking account customer, we can make this process much easier for you with ID SafeChoice. You are placed in contact with a Personal Recovery Advocate who will take these steps for you on your behalf to reclaim your identity.
4. What can you do to help fight identity theft? Awareness is an effective weapon against many forms of identity theft. Be aware of how information is stolen and what you can do to protect yours. Plus monitor your credit report at least annually to uncover and hopefully resolve any problems quickly
Personal checking account holders are eligible to receive the complimentary benefit of IDSafeChoice.If you become a victim of identity theft, IDSafeChoice will go to work to restore your credit and your credibility – a process that could save you up to 600 hours of your time. Surveys show that as many as a third of all victims give up without ever getting back their good name – even after a year of trying on their own.
IDSafeChoice provides you with the reassurance that if identity theft strikes - no matter what the reason - a professional is standing by, ready to restore your good name - no matter how long it takes.
If your identity becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop or notification of your involvement in a data breach, IDSafeChoice can help with a Personal Recovery Advocate, who will:
1. Place fraud alerts at the three major credit bureaus for you
2. Provide you with access to credit reports from all three bureaus and review the reports with you to identify fraudulent activity.
3. Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
4. Activate credit monitoring during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
5. Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, etc. as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
6. Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
7. Follow up to make sure all wrongful activity is reversed and removed from your records.
8. Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
9. Activate other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
10. Provide 12 months of follow-up after your recovery is complete – to be sure you stay recovered!
For more information, email, visit one of our convenient locations or call us today!